Wednesday, January 20, 2010

'Twas a great night nevertheless

The last 2 weeks were crazily hectic. Running up and down between office, home and sites;

That's me being a dork at work

attending an interview session by Jin on Hitz;

Steph, Crystal L., Crystel E., Lesley and I at Hitz.fm's studio
(courtesy of Tim)

and rushing off to a Carlsberg's party, all in the first week;

Sweet Stephy and I (courtesy of Andy Kho)

and then trainings and rehearsals over the weekend and throughout the whole of the second week.

Us posing with our catwalk trainers from
Andrew's Models, Tini & Suzana (courtesy of Kat)

But it was all worth it. Tiring, but fun =)

The day of the finale started at 2pm. We ran through dance and catwalk rehearsals and was briefed what was going to happened when; and was given all the 12 questions to prepare for the Q&A session.

The bf arrived early and secure a good spot - next to the backdrop. Well, good for him that he gets to hug his gf everytime she walked past him hehe :P but not good enough to watch the whole show from the front.

Other friends who came included the bff Sue, JP, Rowena, Chui Ling and her friend, the housie Paul and some friends, Aaron and a gwai lo friend, and oh, Eric! Was quite a surprise to see him there actually. Oh, and my manager, Edward and his friend =) Thanks for coming, guys.

The show started of with our first catwalk, where I had stage fright. It was of course embarassing because according to some of friends, they actually saw me trembling! The whole catwalk probably lasted for 5minutes or so and all I could think of was, "maintain... maintain... smile.... smile... stop shaking... stop shaking...urgh!" I can only be thankful the photos did not turn out half as bad as I expected.

Where I had my very first stage fright

Thankfully, we danced well! Well, at least we'd like to think so. I felt we did great this time - although it may not be too in sync, but at least no steps were forgotten, not forgetting the awesome jump by Yvonne! It was the best jump she has ever made for the dance. And it seemed like we had loads of fun dancing to Tick Tock - one of Steph's fave ;)

Well done, babes!

Fortunately, for the Q&A session, I got something fairly easy to answer. What's my ideal boy next door: He should have beautiful eyes, together with a great personality and character. And may I add: Family oriented, house bound, love animals =D

I forgot what I was laughing at

Yvonne was the crowd's favourite even during the competition. So it wasn't really surprising to me when they announced her name. She has come a long way and the features she has are ideal for the Girl Next Door look.

The end of the show

Press conference and interviews at the lobby. Gua.com.my interviewed some of us and I'm still waiting to see the video online. I wonder when will it be uploaded =( This was when I saw Aaron and Eric when they stopped to say hi. I didn't get to see the rest who came ;(

A photo with some guests at the event

And then the after party! Too bad I was starving and decided to leave early. I only had a slice of pizza right before the show started.

The bf & I (courtesy of Kat)

Steph, Jin & I (courtesy of Tim)

Doing the 'Girl Next Door' pose. Look at Jin!

But thanks guys, for coming to the event, and not wasting the tickets I gave some of you ;) I did not win, although the cash prize would've done me good :P but it was a great night nevertheless. I had fun, and the experience throughout the whole competition was priceless. Not forgetting making new good friends along the way =) And thanks to those who has supported me in a way or two. And to mom & dad who were furiously trying to vote for me when they came back from Perth and had only a few more hours left to vote. On top of that, they're also quite SMS illiterate. So it was really sweet of them that they were making an effort. ;)


2 comments:

michsue said...

No matter what Keith says, you're still MY girl! My sexy b*tch! xoxo You rock my world, Julia Moh! Love you long time!!!

P.S. - Please don't leave me and go to Finland... =(

juliamoh said...

babe, u sound like my groupie lol. manager turned groupie haha :P

We'll see how the Finland thing comes along k? =)